These veggie-packed fresh rolls are filled with creamy avocado, crunchy carrots, celery, red pepper, and basil.
- 1 400g package of rice paper round sheets
- 8 cups of hot water in a large bowl or shallow pan to soak the rice paper sheets in
- 1 ripe yet firm avocado sliced into 12 slices
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup thin julienne carrots
- 1/2 cup thin julienne celery
- 1/2 cup thin julienne red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 cup cooked vermicelli rice noodles
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp lime juice
Take all the ingredients except the water, rice paper, and avocado slices and place them into a large mixing bowl. Mix till all ingredients are thoroughly combined.
Take one sheet of rice paper and soak it in the hot water for about 2 min or until soft. Remove from water and place on a towel (the towel soaks up extra water and makes it a little easier for rolling). Next, take about 1/4 cup of the mixture and place it in the center of rice paper. Add 1 slice of avocado and then bring the edge closest to you over the mixture and pull it back towards yourself.
Tuck each side of the rice paper towards the center so when rolled it will seal the ends. Then roll the end away from you and you have a nice fresh roll. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce or just as is. I like a nice sweet and spicy chili sauce or Sriracha sauce.