These sweet and spicy lamb pops are both delicious and easy to make! The heat from the chili flakes is the perfect complement to the rich date syrup and savoury lamb. Enjoy anytime of the year but especially during BBQ season. Serve them up with a glass of California Zinfandel or Cabernet Sauvignon.
Sweet & Spicy Sauce ingredients
- 1/2 cup date syrup
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup light sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp chili flakes
Lamb Pop Ingredients
- 2 racks of lamb, bone-in, about 1 to 1 – 1.5 lbs each. ask for “Frenched” racks, where bones are trimmed, each rack should have 8 bones
- 3/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tsp salt and pepper mix
- Combine all sauce ingredients into a small pot or pan and cook on medium-high heat for about 5 to 7 min or until it all pulls together into a slightly thickened sauce consistency and is completed. Remove from heat.
- Heat BBQ to medium-high heat.
- Cut the racks between the bones to make individual pieces each with one bone.
- Combine the remaining ingredients into a small bowl and then dip each piece of lamb into the mixture. Coating the meat completely.
- Cook the lamb pieces (pops) on the BBQ for about 2 to 3 min a side or until it reaches your desired doneness. Cook longer for well done about 3 to 5 min a side.
- Place 4 Lamb pops onto each serving plate and drizzle sweet and spicy sauce evenly over all lamb pops.
- Garnish with a few sprigs of fresh thyme.